Thursday, September 18, 2008

Whirlwind...

Well it has been about a month now since school has started back up and I must say this has been the worst year for getting adjusted. I cannot get adjusted to the morning routine. One would not think that 15 minutes earlier would matter so much but it does. We cannot get our routine down so that we are having consistent devotion time before school. I am sad about this and am working on it but it is just so hard. My son does not seem to be adjusting well this year, and with so many uncertainties at his job my husband also has increased stress right now. It makes for some interesting times.

This week we had what was left of Ike come through with crazy 75 mph winds in OH of all places. It has caused much damage and chaos for those living here who are not used to such large scale events happening. There were so many stories where little or no damage happened, there were stories where houses and people were lost. It has been amazing to watch how people react through it all. But there is much to be learned from this wind storm that ripped through here.. being prepared (as my friend talked about in his blog http://www.live2give.info/), what we do when our daily lives are disrupted, who you can rely on when things are bad, and how things change from this point forward...

That gives me a lot to think about... How could I have been better prepared? What will change from this occurring this past week? Who do I need to thank for being there for us? I don't have some of those answers figured out just yet... And I want to somehow see how these principals can be applied to the others events in my life.

As both the issues and effects of Ike get resolved, and my family learns how to deal with the changes going on this past month I hope we all can learn something. As time goes forward I will be watching and blogging the changes so that maybe someone else can be helped knowing they are not alone in the storms that happen. Knowing that God is there through the rough times and the blessed times and that other people have gone through things too and how they dealt with it have helped me.

No comments: